Monday, December 11, 2006

Parents, parents, everywhere

On Sunday parents were invited to join our classroom for "family education." With no particular guidance from above as to what that might mean, I thought I would give parents an opportunity to review the written work that students have been gathering in their Israel History folders since September.

After examining our class timeline, I asked parents to work with their children to write the "Story of Israel" from Abraham all the way to the Destruction of the Second Temple. And dicuss their work. In half an hour. Maybe you can see where I going with this......not quite enough time. Still, I saw some interesting conversations between parent and child about Ancient Israel. How often does that happen? So, I'll consider the morning a qualified success. Thanks to everyone who made it.

Morah Amy

No comments: