Thursday, September 21, 2006

L'Shana Tova: September 21, 2006

Welcome to the my blog, dedicated soley to students and parents of students in Kitah Hay at CBI in Northampton. Here's where you can find out what we've been doing in school, and what you may have missed if you weren't in class.

So far this year, we've been studying the Hebrew calendar. Today we made calendars for the first month of the Hebrew year, Tishrei. Students wrote in the dates, month and year in Hebrew. On Tuesday we'll add days of the week and the many holidays that fall this month.

We've begun our unit on Israel by looking at the significance of the land of Israel in the Torah. Last week we read and discussed God's promises to Abraham, Issac and Jacob. Today we read about what God told the Israelites to expect when they finally enter Canaan after 40 years in the desert.

I hope this blog is helpful. I'll try to update it within 24 hours of class. I hope I'll see some of you at family services on Saturday.

L'shana Tova-
Morah Amy

1 comment:

morahamy said...

Jack-

Thanks for stopping by. I'll keep adding on, I promise.

Morah Amy